Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Racing Stripe Slipcover

This chair was definitely a challenge because of three things. The wood trim, curved back and attached seat cushion. I was unable to pre-wash the racing stripe fabric because of fear of fading the printed racing stripe. This chair will need to be dry cleaned. The fabric is Bark Racing Stripe from Serena and Lily. The solid white on the rest of the chair is an organic cotton canvas. There are two of these slipcovered chairs going to my customers lake cottage. My customer will be sending me pictures of both chairs slipcovered in the cottage, Regretfully she will not be able to take the pictures for a while because of construction. These pictures were taken in my workroom.


The chair is the Catania chair from Arhaus furniture.



My customer purchased a Bark racing stripe pillow.
This chair from Serena and Lily was the inspiration for the slipcover.

No comments:

Post a Comment