Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cinderella Slipcover

Once upon a time there was a very sad looking wing chair.  There was bare wood showing and ripped upholstery. She was kept in her bedroom out of sight.

My customer loved the size and shape of her wing chair and chose a beautiful washed matelasse fabric for the new slipcover.   She had painted the legs and we wanted to show them off so we chose a short skirt.
 I added a little dacron to the bare wood spots at the tops of the wings.

 Before picture of the side arm.  A little different style than i had seen before.
 This picture show how I handled the arm.
Side by side before and after.

 The tuck ins were very tight and I ended up using a metal spatula to push the tucks in place.

 The wing chair back home and in her new spot in the living room so everyone can admire her.
The End!