Thursday, August 22, 2013

From Pillows to Boxed Cushions

My customer was tired of fluffing pillows and constantly having to arrange the pillows on the back of her sofa.  I made a template for boxed cushions and placed an order for feather/down blend inserts.  Wow!  What a difference.  The current seat cushions are all down/feather- no foam and my customer is now interested in ordering new down seat cushion inserts to match the fluffiness of her new back cushions. We also shortened the skirt to show a little leg and to give a lighter feel to this large sofa. 
 I love the beachy look the pillows add. I am also in love with her picture gallery over the sofa. I want to copy this look in my house.
 Here is a look at the before picture in a brown velvet slipcover with the pillow back.


 Here is a closeup of the fabric. I pre-wash all fabrics in HOT water and dry on a HOT setting to remove the maximum shrinkage and I serge all seams to prevent raveling in future washings.
I am now working on two of these wing back chairs for this same customer. The same fabric will be used and we are going to do a fun skirt.  Stay tuned for the after pictures.

1 comment: